Lego Therapy- "Brick by Brick"
Our Lego Therapy sessions are delivered in school at lunchtimes to support children with managing their emotions. They are run at lunchtimes in our wonderful Rainbow Room, a comfortable environment away from the classroom.
The benefits of building with lego are
- 1 – Fine motor skill development: Connecting pieces of Lego requires precision and coordination, which assists children to develop and strengthen their fine motor skills
- 2 – Teamwork & communication: Talking about their building process and strengthening vocabulary
- 3 – Resilience & perseverance: Overcoming frustrations when things don't go to exactly as planned
- 4 – Problem-solving: Finding new ways to tackle challenges and developing strategies for when things get tricky
- 5 – Creative thinking: designing and building things using their imagination
The staff working with the children give them the opportunity to develop these skills whilst also providing a safe, supportive environment to talk and discuss their emotions.