If you are a parent or carer, we hope you will find the web links below useful.
Walsall Holiday Activity & Food Programme 2022
The HAF programme is for children and young people aged 5 to 16 years who are eligible for benefit related free school meals. Children and young people and their families will be able to access free activities during the Easter, Summer and Christmas 2022 holidays.
The Department for Education's (DFE) Holiday Activities and Food programme (HAF) has provided funding for the scheme.
For more information visit our website https://go.walsall.gov.uk/children_and_young_people/haf_signup or you can email us at WR4C@walsall.gov.uk
When do the Summer Activities start?
The activities will take place 4 weeks over the summer holidays:
Monday 1st August - Thursday 4th August 2022
Monday 8th August - Thursday 11th August 2022
Monday 15th August - Thursday 18th August 2022
Monday 22nd August - Thursday 25th August 2022
Who is eligible?
Children and young people aged 5-16 in receipt of benefit related free school meals
Young Carers aged 5-16
Children and young people aged 5-16 receiving safeguarding support from an Early Help plan, Child in Need plan, Child Protection plan
What will be on offer?
Each week over the summer holiday each eligible child will be able to choose from the following;
* One holiday club per week (A holiday club is for 4 hours per day over 4 days a week providing a range of activities throughout each day with a healthy meal included).
* 3 pick and mix sessions to provide them with a choice of activities e.g. dance, music, swimming SEND specific sessions,
How do I register?
* A letter will be sent out to eligible children who haven't yet registered on Monday 4th July 2022
* To book and register for the programme contact the HAF team on 01922 653889 (Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm) or sign up here https://go.walsall.gov.uk/children_and_young_people/haf_signup
Families who have already registered can book onto summer activities on Monday 4th July 2022
Supporting Children with the conflict in Ukraine
Please find below information leaflet issued by Walsall Council to help you support your child/ren if they are worried about the current conflict in Ukraine.
Place2Be - Parenting Smart
Parenting Smart Website click here
National School Breakfast Programme
The National School Breakfast Programme has launched its breakfast at home area on the Family Action website, where you will find lots of information and advice on providing a low cost, nutritious, daily breakfast at home.
Useful Contact Details
Walsall MASH (Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub) - 0300 555 2866/01922 658170
Walsall School Nurses - 01922 423349
- (Chat Health Line) 07480635363 (Age 11-19 years)
- Parent Text Line - 07520634909
Childline - 0800 1111
NSPCC - 0808 800 5000
Samaritans - 116 123
Shout (Crisis Text Line) - Text shout to 85258
Rethink Mental Illness - 0300 500 0927
Mind (for a better mental Health - 0300 123 3393
- Legal Advice Service 0300 466 6463
Anxiety UK - 0344 775774
VIVUP (Employee Benefit Scheme) - 01252 784540