If you are a parent or carer, we hope you will find the web links below useful.
Walsall Holiday Activity & Food Programme 2023/24
The HAF programme is for children and young people aged 5 to 16 years who are eligible for benefit related free school meals or on a plan (EH, CIN, CP or EHCP). Children and young people and their families will be able to access free activities during the Easter, Summer and Christmas holidays.
The Department for Education's (DFE) Holiday Activities and Food programme (HAF) has provided funding for the scheme.
For more information visit our website https://go.walsall.gov.uk/children_and_young_people/haf_signup or you can email us at WR4C@walsall.gov.uk
When do the Easter Activities start?
The activities will take place 4 days over the Easter holidays:
Monday 3rd April - Thursday 6th April 2023
Who is eligible?
Children and young people aged 5-16 in receipt of benefit related free school meals or on a plan (EH, CIN, CP or EHCP).
You live in Walsall
What will be on offer?
You will be able to choose from the following;
* A 4 day activity club (A holiday club is for 4 hours per day over 4 days a week providing a range of activities throughout each day with a healthy meal included).
* 4 pick and mix sessions to provide them with a choice of activities e.g. dance, music, swimming, SEND specific sessions
How do I register?
* You should have received a letter with a unique code and information how to register. To register each child you will need their unique code (at the top of the letter). If you haven't had a letter you can email: WR4C@walsall.gov.uk
You only need to register once for the 2023/2024 programme
* To book and register for the programme contact the HAF team on 01922 653889 (Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm), sign up here https://go.walsall.gov.uk/children_and_young_people/haf_signup, or attend one of the below sign up sessions.
Walsall Council has been working closely with providers to ensure that where possible SEND requirements can be met on activities that are on offer - specific requirements should be discussed with the provider to confirm arrangements.
Supporting Children with the conflict in Ukraine
Please find below information leaflet issued by Walsall Council to help you support your child/ren if they are worried about the current conflict in Ukraine.
Place2Be - Parenting Smart
Parenting Smart Website click here
National School Breakfast Programme
The National School Breakfast Programme has launched its breakfast at home area on the Family Action website, where you will find lots of information and advice on providing a low cost, nutritious, daily breakfast at home.
Useful Contact Details
Walsall MASH (Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub) - 0300 555 2866/01922 658170
Walsall School Nurses - 01922 423349
- (Chat Health Line) 07480635363 (Age 11-19 years)
- Parent Text Line - 07520634909
Childline - 0800 1111
NSPCC - 0808 800 5000
Samaritans - 116 123
Shout (Crisis Text Line) - Text shout to 85258
Rethink Mental Illness - 0300 500 0927
Mind (for a better mental Health - 0300 123 3393
- Legal Advice Service 0300 466 6463
Anxiety UK - 0344 775774
VIVUP (Employee Benefit Scheme) - 01252 784540